MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS LTD
Measurement Systems Ltd including Muya CORS subsidiaries, partners and affiliates, are bound by the Privacy Act (“the Act”), the Kenyan Privacy Principles (“KPPs”) contained in Schedule 1 of the Act, and where relevant, the Credit Reporting Codes. We are committed to ensuring that we protect the privacy of your personal information, preserve the confidentiality of this information and comply with the Act and the KPPs.
“Personal information” is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
The type of personal information we collect from you will depend on the type of dealings we have with you. This will generally include your contact information (eg. name, email address, phone number and postal address) and depending on our relationship with you, further information including:
1. professional information including your job responsibilities;
2. consumer credit information (provided the collection is expressly consented to and for a purpose related to an application for commercial credit), being credit-related personal information lawfully created and accessible within the Australian credit reporting system including:
- identification information;
- consumer credit liability information including information about credit accounts and credit limits;
- repayment history information;
- information about credit defaults;
- credit eligibility information, which is information about you that we obtain from a credit reporting body together with information we derive from such information based on its own analysis; and
- any other information lawfully obtainable within the Kenyan credit reporting system.
In connection with your personal information, we may also collect information about your payment and shipping preferences for purchases and any special interests in products or industries.
WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will generally collect personal information through direct contact with you. This may be in person, by telephone, email, fax or post, through our website, a social media platform, or through completion of applications and purchase orders.
We may also collect information from third party advertising channels including trade media outlets, conference and tradeshow organisers or purchased contact lists. We may also collect information from publicly available sources, through information service providers or credit reporting agencies. Generally, we will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
You have no obligation to provide us with your personal information. However, where certain information is not provided we may be unable to provide our goods and/or services to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We hold, use and disclose your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- selling, hiring, servicing and performing warranty;
- providing equipment management services;
- internal research on our website users’ demographics, interests and behaviours to better understand and serve our customers;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- identifying and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you from us or selected third parties; and
- any other legal requirements.
- providing marketing communications messages by email, phone, SMS or direct mail
- We will not use or disclose any information about you other than the purpose for which it was collected, without your consent, unless the use or disclosure is permitted under the Act, required by law or authorised by you.
If you supply us with your contact details, you may receive information from us on new products and services or upcoming events.
MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable precautions to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We employ several means to protect your information including:
- premises in a secure building with access restrictions;
- secure database;
- information technology password protection;
- anti-virus and firewall software;
- employment conditions and staff policies requiring confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals.
We take reasonable steps to securely dispose of all information that is no longer needed as you request, or as required by law. We are unable to guarantee that the transmission of data over the internet is totally secure.
We may disclose personal information to external service providers including IT service providers and external archiving services. Where we engage external service providers we take reasonable steps to ensure these providers comply with the KPPs.
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients to provide necessary services and for administrative or other business management purposes. Before disclosing any personal information, we take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the KPPs or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme, unless it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Kenyan Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Act.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION WE MAINTAIN
You have the right to obtain access to any personal information we retain about you and to advise us of any perceived inaccuracy. In providing our services and associated activities we rely on the information that we hold about you. For this reason, it is very important that the information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you, you should advise us in writing, following the unsubscribe prompts on every electronic message, updating your user profile on the Muya CORS website or by contacting us on 254738909641/0722260512 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes to your personal information.
MAKING A COMPLAINT OR INQUIRY ABOUT THIS POLICY
If you wish to discuss this policy or to make a complaint, please contact in writing
- Name/Role: Chris Muya, Managing Director
- Address: 547-00618, Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: email@example.com
You should include details in your enquiry or complaint of the aspect of the policy and any specific details about the matter you wish to discuss. We will make best endeavours to respond to the complaint within 30 days.